The Vera Wang show is almost a
Fashion Week prerequisite because a) it wasn't so long ago that she won CFDA Womenswear Designer of the Year, and b) she still has a hold on the whole couture bridal thing. If you live in NYC and have engaged friends with a yen for fabulous dresses, or you are one yourself, you are most likely already familar with Vera Wang. The last time I was at her shop, a bride was getting the final fittings on a $60K custom-made Vera Wang gown. Yes folks, that's $60K for one dress the bride will wear once. Which translates to: Vera Wang will be around for the long haul.
Here's who came to the show.
Sadly, darlings, this is it for me for Fashion Week FS07.
- As for the fashion future, I am shorting:
- leggings worn with high heels (never a good look to start with, even more horrible now)
- leggings with flats...?
- silver handbags, except for the most expensive and difficult to replicate (mainly because I fear a plague of street vendor imitations)
- all black
- flats (though summer will have its way with us in that regard)
- pale gold bags (because they're harder to imitate)
- silver shoes
- leggings with ankle boots
- hot pink
- weird colors
- bright white
- platform wedges
- shiny black textural things
But right now I am feeling especially long on bikinis and poolside lounge chairs, and I have a pressing appointment in Marathon Key. Until next time...